Thursday, March 16, 2017

Just Call Me Tippi Hedron OR Counting Crows

I see the most unusual things when I'm out and about working.

After zooming through the drive thru, I stopped in a nearby residential area to drink my iced tea and eat lunch in peace.  I shut off the communication radio, hoping to relax for a few minutes.
As things quieted inside the car, I heard an odd sound, like folks muttering, outside. I saw no one. Even though it was freezy, I rolled down the windows.  I was hearing hundreds of birds in two live oak trees.  

Being an enormous fan of Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds starring Tippi Hedren, I exited my vehicle slowly, hoping that none of them would get tangled up in my beehive hairdo or peck my forehead!


A huge group of them, and I mean HUGE, settled down in a vacant lot, intensely interested in something in the ground.  
Suddenly THE BIRDS noticed me and arose as a group, swooped past me and over me, landing back in the trees.  If you look closely at the middle tree on the left side of the pic above, you can see scores of them going back to the tree. Notice below how they "baptized" my work vehicle.
Except this one fellow.  This little bird was totally unimpressed by me, my presence or my law enforcement vehicle.  He just sat there, alone in the vacant lot.  If Van Gogh painted him, the result would be entitled "Wheat Field with Crow." Wheat Field with Crows

The bright sun on his feathers showed that he was actually dark purple in many areas.  
If those birds were peeps, I'd be the one in dark purple who was all alone in that field.  I hate doing what everyone else does.

Matthew 10:29 states, "What is the price of two sparrows--one copper coin? But not a single sparrow can fall to the ground without your Father knowing it."  This boggles my mind, that a loving Creator God knows even these small details.  I forget what I ate for breakfast sometimes.  

It is impossible for this beautiful world of nature to have spontaneously occurred when two atoms bumped in to each other. DNA in all its complexity and forms found in every living creature was not a happenstance.  The signs of an Intelligent Creator are everywhere in everything that we do.  If we pay attention...

Since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen... (Romans 1:20)




No comments:

Post a Comment